Every manager knows the path to success requires a great team, but how do you build a great team? It comes down to finding the right people and finding the right candidates for your group is the biggest challenge. At DW Simpson, we understand those challenges, and we specialize in the placement of actuaries and analysts for the insurance industry. With over 30 years of experience, we set the standard for actuarial recruitment. DW Simpson works with actuaries and analytics professionals across a wide range of industries including insurance carriers, consultancies, healthcare providers and networks, insurtech, startups, government agencies, and investment firms. Below are some of the reasons that working with DW Simpson brings value to our clients:
- Specialized Expertise and Relationships – Actuaries are a specialized market and we have over 32 years of experience in the marketplace. Our candidate relationships are our most valuable resource and when you engage us on your search, you also have the advantage of those relationships.
- Integration With Your Team and Procedures – We work as your partner, and we understand that protocols are important. We are respectful of your hiring procedures, and we follow your internal protocols to make the process efficient and effective.
- Commitment to the Profession – We have demonstrated a long-term commitment to the actuarial community and have numerous industry partnerships and involvement, including: the Casualty Actuarial Society, Society of Actuaries, International Association of Black Actuaries, and The Actuarial Foundation. We attend all the major industry conferences, provide annual scholarships to university actuarial programs, and participate in interview workshops, industry presentations and seminars.
- Investment in Technology – DW Simpson invests in state-of-the-art technology and software to provide the best available support to our recruiters and clients. We have a dedicated social media and marketing team that provides daily outreach to the actuarial community, allowing us to quickly provide qualified candidates.
- Long Tenured Recruiters – 10+ Years on Average per Team. Our Industry knowledge is expansive. Most of our recruiters have 10+ years of experience recruiting actuaries, many have more than 20! Their expertise allows them to provide targeted resumes of the most qualified candidates for your roles.
- Commitment to Diversity – As a woman owned business and a 26-year partner of the International Association of Black Actuaries (IABA), issues of diversity in hiring are important to us. We view diversity and inclusion efforts as an ongoing process, and we focus on moving our internal efforts and external partnerships forward across all dimensions of race, ethnicity, sexuality, ability, and gender identity.
- Ethics – Long-Term Relationships Over Short-Term Gains – We take our place in the community we serve seriously and always have a view towards long term prosperity and not short-term success. We pride ourselves on our dedication to fair and ethical work practices.
- Actuarial Salary Survey – The Industry’s First and Most Trusted Salary Survey. As a service to the actuarial community, each year we conduct a comprehensive salary survey to provide the most accurate and timely salary data available. The DW Simpson Salary Survey is considered the industry standard. Actuarial Salary Surveys – DW Simpson
DW Simpson specializes in the placement of Actuaries, and related Analytics professionals, with expertise in Life, Health, Pension, Property & Casualty, Insurtech, Cyber and Catastrophe Modeling. Named by Forbes Magazine as one of the Best Executive Recruiting Firms, we are the largest firm dedicated specifically to placing Actuaries and we are the foremost resource for actuarial talent. The actuarial recruitment and placement process is our specialty and we do it better, faster, and more thoroughly than any of our competitors.