During Pride month this year, DW Simpson would like to showcase SAGAA (Sexuality and Gender Alliance of Actuaries) and all that this dynamic organization does to encourage inclusion and acceptance within the actuarial profession. SAGAA is dedicated to fostering an environment where all members of the LGBTQ+ community and allies within the actuarial field (and surrounding fields) can thrive. They work diligently to create a safe space in the actuarial industry for dialogue, community, and actuarial career encouragement through the 3 Pillars of their organization: Networking, Professional Development, and Company Education.
SAGAA’s latest updates, events, and news from their vibrant community:
- SAGAA now provides scholarships and has awarded (4) $2500 scholarships to LGBTQ+ students looking to pursue an actuarial career. Congratulations to all of the recipients of the 2023 SAGAA Scholarships!
- The next round of scholarship opportunities is just around the corner! Applications open on August 15, 2023 – you can apply at https://actuarialfoundation.org/scholarships/.
INTERNSHIPS + FULL-TIME JOBS:
- Looking for an internship or job opportunity? Many of SAGAA’s generous sponsors are offering internships and full-time positions to LGBTQ+ actuarial students.
- If your company is interested in becoming a sponsor and supporting SAGAA in its many endeavors, please email email@example.com for further information
- Join SAGAA for their next in-person event! An evening of networking and celebration at a Happy Hour event in the heart of the New York City Gramercy Park area!
- Date / Time: June 14, 2023 @5pm EST – 7pm. Click here for more details.
- Their last in-person event was held in Chicago in December 2022
- Follow SAGAA on social media to stay up to date on events!
- SAGAA has provided Educational sessions to more than 10 companies who have joined as sponsors! Through company education, SAGAA helps organizations create positive work environments for their current and future LGBTQ+ employees and to encourage diversity throughout the profession.
NEWEST BOARD MEMBER:
- SAGAA welcomes Sanja Zehnder, FSA as a board member in 2023!
- If you would like to get involved, SAGAA holds quarterly member meetings. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the next meeting.
- Calling all volunteers! SAGAA is currently looking for volunteers to join their Membership Committee and Event Planning Committee. They are also looking for people who are interested in being Mentors and University Liaisons.
- Please send an email to email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering.
You can find more information about SAGAA at www.sagaactuaries.org.