DW Simpson Actuarial Science Scholarship
We offer 2 scholarships, awarding one in each semester. The application deadline for the Fall scholarship is April 30th, and for the Spring scholarship it is October 31st.
These one time $1000 scholarships are awarded to students matching the following criteria:
- entering their senior year of undergraduate study in actuarial science;
- have maintained a GPA of 3.2 or higher in their major and an overall GPA of 3.0 or better;
- have passed at least 1 actuarial examination and are eligible to work in the United States full time for any employer without requiring employer sponsorship.
Scholarships are also awarded each year through the Mathematics Departments of several schools with actuarial science programs. Participating schools this year are:
- University of Connecticut
- Ball State University
- Maryville University
- Pennsylvania State University
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Georgia State University
- Drake University
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Iowa
- University of North Carolina Charlotte
- Florida State University
- Illinois State University
The IABA Scholarship
Applicants must match following criteria:
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States; or a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, a citizen of any Caribbean or African nation on a United States or Canadian student visa;
- Admitted to a college or university in the United States or Canada offering either a program in actuarial science or courses that will serve to prepare the student for an actuarial career;
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Full eligibility requirements can be found here.